Thursday, May 26, 2011

The advantages of a washable backpack

washable backpack

I love going backpacking and trekking. Earlier I would carry this leather backpack, which was spacious and sturdy. But once I entered the woody terrains I felt that the creatures of the woodlands are judging me for using something that is cruel!

Also, the leather backpack was really not practical. I couldn’t wash off the stains or repair the seams with a needle and thread. All that dirt from the puddles stays to remind me of every trip! So, I decided that I need to pick something that is green, durable, affordable and washable.
I finally found my one-stop solution in the Donna Sharp washable backpack. Now, this trendy bag may seem all soft and feminine. But trust me; it’s one of the sturdier backpacks that I have used. Of course, I don’t mind carrying this fashion-forward bag on my biking and trekking trips.
The most practical feature of this bag is that it is washable. So, when I come home with dirt or bird-poop on the bag, I simply wash it off. Now, don’t put the bag in your washing machine. Just take some soapy water and scrub off all that mess. You can put it out in the sun to dry.
Compared to other backpacks, the washable ones are definitely more hygienic. I add some disinfectant to the soap also to make sure that it’s completely clean. Another great feature of these backpacks is they last for years, without paying a fortune. Check out materials like canvas or poly-canvas, which are eco-friendly too!

No comments:

Post a Comment