Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Color Me Beautiful

It’s the winter and all the brightness of homemade lemonade sunny days have faded away. We are sniffling with winter chills and shuffling through slushy streets. We dress the part, gone are the carnival colors of the summer, replaced with somber grays and muted  non-distinct colors. We dress how we feel, a little dreary, a little dull. Not me baby! I dropped out of the school of ‘dressing for the winter blues’ years ago. I can’t stand it. It’s depressing! Who died all ready?


Yes, I know it’ s  practical, yes i know it’s sensible, but it is also very very boring. One of my favorite winter coats is scarlet red. I’m not saying you have dress like a clown every time you leave the house (unless you want to), but there is a place for color even when it’s cold. You look better and you feel better too.
I am launching a winter color campaign and challenging every reader to try a bit of color this winter. As long as your outfit is put together well and you don’t over do it with the color you’ll be fine. For example,the other day I purchased a pair of red opaque tights. My friend looked at me like I just got hit in the head with a heavy object. Oh, but when I put them on with my black woolen dress, black dolly coat and very cute black patent dolly shoes, they realized my brain was in full working order. I received compliments all day long – just the way I like it.
I’m loving these Harlequin Shoe Boot from Red or Dead: $115.42
These will work with so many outfits, try a them with a nice pair of black, straight cut, woolen slacks. Add a black fitted polo neck. Hair pulled back in one (if your style permits) and medium hooped earrings. You will achieve a clean, smart look.
                                                            
These elegant  Double Buckle court shoes from New Look will great with a chic pencil skirt. They are now half price reduced from $30.20 to $15.10
                                                              
I have included these luxurious Patent Leather Coral Wedges from Miu Miu, $439 (yikes!) Again, wear them with a sleek black outfit or a pretty party dress. Find them on Net- a- Porter.
                                                              
This Seat Belt Bag from Harveys offers you color, glamour and something different. $116.28 down from $182.00
                                                   
This Tutty Frutty Clutch from Sheena May is a delicious treat packed with color and happiness.   Find it on The Style Mansion for $90.
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment