Saturday, May 14, 2011

How to Wear This Spring’s Hats

 

I am sort of addicted to hats. It’s pretty much a running joke on my shopping trips. Inevitably, I will always gravitate toward shiny, new… hats. Yes, I know that’s weird, but hats are a little bit magical for me.
I have a hard time dealing with my hair. Sometimes, it just does not cooperate. It’s thick, wavy (verging on frizzy if the weather is humid) and entirely unruly if that’s how it feels like behaving that day. Sigh.
Hats are just my way of keeping locks in check. If my strands insist on flyaways and frizz, I simply toss on a hat. In fact, I would suggest you do the same. But, of course, there are a few tips to keep in mind when working head-wear into your look. Let’s talk about them. Three types of hats (for spring). Three outfits to wear them with (for spring).


The fedora. There is nothing more insanely cool than a fedora. I recently picked up a straw fedora from H&M for a measly $6.95. Steal, anyone? Of course! My outfit of choice? A fitted jean jacket, printed, maxi-dress and long, pendant necklace. A carefree look will match the low-key vibe of this hat. Just make sure the fedora is a neutral. It’s just an accent. Your dress should be the standout piece.
The wide-brimmed straw hat. This perennial beach favorite is a must-have for the warm weather. Wear this with a flirty, shirt sundress, wedge heels and colorful sunglasses. The innocence of this cute hat will match the breezy nature of the dress and punchy sunglasses. Oh, and wedges? The go-to shoes of the season. Buy a few–a neutral, an espadrille and a bright. You’ll be wearing them all spring, and all summer.
The pageboy cap. Perfectly worn-in pageboy caps are the way to go this season. How would I wear this look? With a cropped tee, a pair of cut-offs and gladiator sandals. An armful of bangles would also work some pizazz in with these great separates. Have fun with it!
It’s just that simple, folks. Hats for the spring and summertime? The best, easiest accessories out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment