Sunday, May 22, 2011

County fair wear

Lucky brand boots
As a kid, I would love to spend the weekends at my grandpa’s farm. So, I have always had this fetish with attending county fairs or state fairs. Even though I live in downtown New York, I try and attend at least a couple of upstate county fairs. I love everything about them starting from livestock show to pie eating competitions!

Even though these are held in spring or summer, you cannot compromise on the fashion quotient. The entire social community is going to be there. But being casual is the norm of the fest. As a rule of thumb, I prefer wearing casual and warm-weather friendly.
You can find almost everyone in jeans, t-shirts, shorts and sneakers. But stay away from skimpy clothing since it’s really looked down upon. To give yourself a country twist with an uptown bend, try wearing cowboy boots or cowboy hats.
Luck brand boots
I prefer cowboy boot styles Lucky brand boots because they are so comfortable. Pick something that stops at or below the knees (up-to-the-thigh ones are really tacky for such events). A lot of my friends prefer sandals, but girls I really don’t want to ruin that pedicure!
Being a cow-girl at heart, I love straying into the sheds to see animals and livestock. The dusty and muddy county ground can take a toll on your feet. So, something covered and yet comfy works fine with me.
I prefer the hat because it offers the much needed sun-protection. Applying sunscreen every 2-3 hours is really not possible at these all-day-long fairs. A cotton or linen shirt, with a vest, completes my Rodeo look!

No comments:

Post a Comment