Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Missoni's Effortless Glamour

 

Missoni definitely knows how to do a Resort collection right.  The 2009 collection was full of great looks that make me want to go to an expensive champagne brunch in South Beach, Florida…or the Hamptons perhaps?  Well tailored, rich looking box coats, floral shift dresses, and crisp trousers in several different bold colors were the staple items in the collection. Here are a few of my favorite looks…
Missoni

Missoni
Missoni
These girls look great!  The looks are chic, and well put together.  The bright color palette of pinks, teals and blues pop.  The colors are completely refreshing for a new season.  I love the idea of the teal trousers.  Missoni also did the trousers in khaki and a dark burgundy color complimented with one-shouldered tunics.  There was really only one look that had the signature zig zag print, something that’s been the Missoni trademark for years and always graced the designs on the runway.  But, just because the zig zags were missing definitely doesn’t mean the collection lacked anything.  If I were traveling to the South of France for the summer, I would pack all of it away in my expensive trunk and set sail.
Until then, I’ll hunt around for some like-minded looks and be sure not to wrinkle them as I pack it all away in my inexpensive red duffle bag.
These Joie Linen Pants ($198) aren’t quite as tailored as the Missoni trousers, but I chose them because nothing screams resort wear more than a pair of white linen pants.  These will always look great with a tank, or bold colored blouse.
The Brightened Deep Blouse ($148) has a nice contrast of striking pink floral against a black backdrop, a lovely top to pair with the pants.
Diane Von Furstenburg always does great resort wear too.  The bright orange ethnic print on this Jersey Band Dress reminds me a little of the florals from the Missoni looks, but yet is a completely different cut.  I prefer tunics when they are flowy and free looking like this one.
Diane Von Furstenburg Jersey Band Dress: $425

No comments:

Post a Comment