Saturday, May 14, 2011

Style File: What Clothes Can’t You Live Without?

You know the feeling you get when you pull on your favorite pair of jeans (or worn-in boots, or perfect cardigan)? It’s like the whole world could be collapsing around you, but it’d be okay, because those Levi’s are like home; cozy, comfortable and forever stylish.


There are a few pieces in my closet I cannot live without. Trends will pass us by, but true style endures if it’s a piece you absolutely love. These are a few amazing items I will never toss out.
Riding boots. I have a pair of cognac riding boots that are a little too-worn. The buckle is a tinge broken on one side. The toe is fraying from the dozens of times I’ve trotted with them through rain, sleet, hail and snow. And I probably should have gotten rid of them a few years ago, but I never will. I just find that their quirks give them charm.
My first pair of Levi’s. Whenever I am having the worst day EVER, these jeans are the ultimate antidote. And like all the great wonders in life, they just get better with age. They are worn-in-to-perfection skinnies, the first pair that I ever picked out. To this day, they are my go-to piece for a pick-me-up.
Michael Kors bag. I waited forever for my first designer piece, and I picked out a fabulous Michael Kors tote for my sixteenth birthday. Its MK logos combined with winter-white leather detailing make for a bag I will never fail to love while hanging from my arm.
Pearl necklace. Pearls are definitely iconic, so I relish a chance to wear my delicate necklace on special occasions. The beads hang, softly spaced, on a silver strand, and look stunning with an LBD or blouse and wide-leg pant combination. They give an extra dose of sophistication to any ensemble, and every girl could use a little of that, right?
Aviators. I am a sunglasses girl. I love wayfarers. I love oversize shades. I love square frames. But if someone told me tomorrow I could choose only one pair to keep and wear for the rest of my life, I know exactly the ones I would choose. I would hand over my Marc Jacobs, Coach and Halston shades to save my gold-rimmed H&M Aviators. They ooze cool. They make every outfit. I would wear them indoors if I could. They’re just that fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment