Thursday, May 19, 2011

Going organic with your skin care

organic skincare
I have very sensitive skin and am allergic to a lot of cosmetic products. Recently, a friend suggested that I try an organic skincare routine and make the switch from cosmetic to eco-friendly! Once bitten twice shy… I did not want to buy too many products, in case I had an allergic reaction again.
So, I got an organic facial wash from Yes to Carrots. I reluctantly washed my face with it, before going to bread (praying that I don’t get up tomorrow with a red face). To my amazement there was no adverse reaction. Rather my skin felt awesome. It was soft and hydrated!
I tried a lot of organic skincare regimes after that and here are some of the benefits I enjoyed-

  • It did not cause any adverse reaction since it’s made of pure ingredients and lacks harsh chemicals
  • The products are eco-friendly and biodegradable. So when it goes down the washbasin, you can be assured that it won’t be adding to water pollution
  • These products are not cruel in anyway and have not been tested on animals
  • They are made from only organic ingredients and byproducts. For instance, if your cream has shea-butter and Aloe Vera, be assured that both are grown organically
  • For those who don’t have time to make granny’s home-made packs, organic is the second best option
And last but not the least, these products are very affordable. They are not exorbitantly priced. In fact, they are at par with your regular cosmetic brands but with a green twist

No comments:

Post a Comment