Thursday, May 19, 2011

What to Wear: Holiday Travel Edition

 

 

I seriously love to travel. I get geared up for days to hit the airport or hop in the car for a road trip. Call me crazy, but I find it exhilarating. I mean, there are so many destinations to visit beyond our hometowns! And what’s more? I always break out the new fashions for my little vacations. You can travel in style, while still being comfortable. It’s an art to pull off this combination, but hey, that’s what I am here for. Need advice on what to wear on your holiday trip this season? I’ve got you covered.

On a plane… OK. You cannot complain about most plane travel. Most of the time when you depart from the airport, it’s just for a few hours. That is like a long business meeting or a college lecture. Not bad at all. So make sure you dress cute! Take a hint from the stars when you travel the skies. I love Jennifer Aniston’s airport style: a crisp white button down, bootleg denim and a pair of heeled black boots. It’s casual, pulled-together and totally fabulous. Just make sure you layer. You can never anticipate the temperature of the plane. And those little vents don’t do squat to circulate air…
In the car… For the car, you should definitely dress a little more comfortable, especially if your trip exceeds more than a few hours. My favorite vehicle travel look is a pair of leggings, tall boots, an oversize sweater and some sweet aviators to block out that hazy fall glare. You’ll be cool and cozy.
By train… Traveling by train allows some freedom in your look. It’s a little roomier, so feel free to experiment. Wear your new bold jacket with a pair of jeans and a cute sparkly hat, or maybe a fun belted sweater-dress with some opaques or leggings. Both options are equally pretty.
Are you excited about holiday travel yet? Don’t groan; think of it as a chance to play with some vacation fashion. What could be better than a break from everyday monotony and some genuine chances to rock new styles? Just don’t forget your adorable luggage to compliment your gorgeous look. Happy travels

No comments:

Post a Comment